With the main glue up done, time to start in on the fine details. I planed down all the protruding pieces of the dovetails and gave everything a thorough sanding.
Next, got to work on the bottom. I didn’t have a wide enough 1/4″ board, so I had to glue up a couple.
With the glue dry, I planed the bottom panel all flat and smooth, and cut it to size.
Then I gave all the edges a roundover with my faithful Stanley No. 4 plane and sanded it all silky smooth.
And finally, glue the bottom on!
And with that done, we are complete!
Of course, that means the construction is complete. Still need to apply some finish. Going with shellac and a finishing wax. Because that’s what I’m into these days.